My week has been SUGAR INTENSIVE.
Monday evening, I enjoyed a cocktail evening with my best friend and our mothers, which was great fun. It was lovely catching up and talking about boys, and holidays in the sun. The table was laden with treats from around the world: olives from Italy; hams from Spain; sushi from Japan; and French desserts of profiteroles and roulade. Even the drinks were for one with a sweet tooth – full of so much fizz that by the end of the evening, I was sure I would soon be floating on the ceiling, ballooned with bubbles like Charlie and his Grandpa in the iconic fizzy drink scene in the Chocolate Factory.
As a result, I am feeling rather more rounded than usual, but I don’t care one bit. I am happy. I have had a lovely time with my people, and wouldn’t take back one second. Isn’t that what the holidays are meant to be about?
So I thought it would only be appropriate today to FINALLY get around to passing on an award I received last week from the fabulous belsbror, in honour of my sugar tooth, and so as to pass on a sprinkling of sweet to others.
I love these awards. They are a fantastic way to pass on appreciation to others, some well-known and others just starting out. They build wonderful friendships and boost the morale of those who falter. There are so many I would love to nominate, but as always with these things, there are rules to follow! However, before I start, I would like to thank everyone who takes time to visit this blog. Each view and comment and like means the world to me, and I love that you have all welcomed me so kindly into this community.
* * *
The rules are as follows:
A. Thank the blogger that nominated you.
Belsbror – as always, I feel indebted to you. It means a great deal that you have passed this on to me. You deserve so much recognition for your original and honest content, and individual writing style! I hope that in time you begin to smile more often and that your prayers are answered in this difficult time.
B. Answer the super sweet questions.
1. Cookies or Cake? Both?
I am definitely a cake girl. But a bit boring I’m afraid – I like the simpler treats like Madeira cake or oat-y macaroons with coconut!
2.Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla! I only really like ice cream when it’s either too hot outside or when I’m feverish myself, so I like how refreshing it can be.
3.Favorite Sweet Treat?
I alter between Malteasers and Munchies. I will be obsessed with one for months on end, until one day I can’t stomach them any more and demand the other. Very confusing for Le Man when I send him out for emergency hormonal supplies.
4.When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most?
When I’m bored. Or sad. Or happy. Or upset. Or hormonal. So…any time really, unless I’m busy. I try to avoid them as much as I can now, though, what with my NYPG!
5.Sweet Nick Name?
My mother still insists on calling me Pumpkin Pie. Despite the fact that I am nearly 21, a whole head taller than her, and have moved out. But I am proud of this. Nothing wrong with being a pie.
C. Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your blog post.
D. Nominate a baker’s dozen (13) other deserving bloggers.
- 1000 Seeds – You have a beautiful writing style. As one of the first blogs I followed, I enjoy the serenity of your posts.
- 18yearsyoung – I’ve really enjoyed your 31 day blog challenge and look forward to reading blog posts to come!
- A Day in the Life of Shareen A. – The truth of your post ‘Under Construction’ was something I could relate to
- Crazy Kitty Love – I can’t NOT nominate you! I look forward to your posts everyday and they are always sweet and simple, yet with so much truth and substance.
- Dancing through inky dreams – You have a powerful voice, with posts that stay with you after reading them
- Danika and her inner goddess somersaulting – New to blogging and yet great posts so far, and looking forward to reading more
- ellyro – I think you deserve more recognition as your posts always ring true
- Feelsbug – I only recently stumbled across your blog and yet everything I’ve read is very honest and raw
- Jane’s Journal – Always tackling topics and thought processes in a clear way, often with interesting anecdotes
- johncoyote – Gives exactly what it says on the tin: ‘Poetry, Story and Real Life’ and all beautifully expressed
- Live simply, Travel lightly, Love passionately & Don’t forget to Breathe – A beautiful woman leading a beautiful adventure
- Rivers of Consciousness – You write amazing poetry and explore some interesting forms many people avoid (like the dreaded prose poetry!)
- The Broken Marriage – A thought provoking and inspiring blog that you can relate to, take comfort in, and explore your own self through
May there be a little sugar in your life today.